The Trainer’s Obligations
- The trainer will use his/her skills and knowledge to the best of their ability to design a safe programme of exercise which will take note of your lifestyle, personal goals, fitness levels and medical history.
- The trainer will aim to provide the coaching, supervision, advice and support that you will need to achieve your goals.
- You are aware that at no point in time is the trainer prescribing anything, that all information provided by the trainer is advice, and that it is at your own risk and discretion with which you follow the advice given.
- Each personal training session will last 60 minutes unless stopped sooner by request of the client.
- You understand that the results of any fitness programme cannot be guaranteed. Your progress depends on your effort and co-operation in and outside of the sessions. In particular, you acknowledge that individual results may vary and no particular result is guaranteed by your Trainer.
- All client information is strictly confidential and will only be seen by the trainer unless you have given permission for your information to be shared.
The Client’s Obligations
- You agree to disclose to the trainer any medical conditions, health concerns, allergies and/or previous injuries which may impact your safety when training or your ability to train effectively.
- You agree to inform the trainer of any changes in medical conditions, injuries or health status as and when they occur.
- The trainer cannot be held liable in any way for any undisclosed information or any unknown medical conditions.
If the trainer recommends you see an additional professional, i.e. a Physiotherapist to help with a previous injury, you understand that this fee is payable by you.
- You must be committed 100% to your training and nutrition programmes in order that results can be achieved.
- If the trainer has reason to believe that you are consistently failing to follow advice or to show commitment, it is at their discretion to decide whether the partnership should be terminated immediately. If the training sessions are terminated due to a lack of commitment, the trainer is under no obligation to provide a refund, either partial or full, regardless of the reason for lack of commitment.
- In order for the trainer to complete the training session, you are required to arrive on time and be ready to train at the specified session time.
- You understand that there are inherent risks involved in participating in a programme of strenuous exercise. If you sustain or claim to sustain any injury while participating in training, you acknowledge that the trainer is not responsible, except where the injury was caused by his/her gross negligence or intentional act.
- Payment for bookings must be made upfront and in full at the time of booking.
- Payment is to be made via internet bank transfer/standing order.
- Payment is due on or before the 1st of each month.
- All sessions need to be paid for in advance, but block bookings do not need to be scheduled in advance.
Cancellation and Refunds
- Once purchased, your sessions are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- If less than 24 hours notice is given by the client when cancelling a session, the trainer is not obliged to reschedule the session.
- When 24 hours notice is given when cancelling a session, the session can be rearranged to a different time.
- Cancellation of any long term agreement requires a months notice.
- If the client is late, the session cannot be extended and will end at the appointed time.
- If the trainer is late additional time will be added to the session or to subsequent sessions.
Health and Safety
- Your trainer has completed and holds a current certificate for Emergency First Aid at work approved by the Health and Safety Executive.
- Your trainer has public liability insurance cover.
- You are required to wear appropriate clothes and footwear whilst training.
- The trainer shall not be liable for any loss or injury attributable to:
a. the Client’s fault
b. a third party unconnected with the provision of services provided by the trainer.
- The trainer is not liable for loss or damage to your property.
- The trainer is not liable if you ignore recommendations to seek medical advice.
- The trainer has the right to change these Terms and Conditions, for example, to be able to offer new services or as required by law. The trainer will notify you of any changes. When such a change(s) is/are made, if dissatisfied you can cancel this agreement once you have made any payments already due to the trainer.
- You are responsible for keeping all of your contact information and marketing preferences up to date with the trainer. In order to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, the trainer will only do what you ask him/her to do, or what you have given him/her permission to do with any personal or sensitive information held about you.
- Your training may be filmed or pictures taken for learning and/or marketing purposes. Your participation in a session means you consent to photography, filming and sound recording which may include you as a client and its use in commercial distribution without payment or copyright.
This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales and is subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.